April 14, 2020

# Cake # Gluten Free

Matcha Elderflower Loaf Cake (gluten free, vegan)




Hey guys! I hope you're doing well. It's almost spring time!

I'm so excited that days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer. Where I live we still get snow sometimes but I've been able to go on some bike rides already!
I know there's not much to do in this time of physical distancing so going out for some fresh air has been a priority for me. Just make sure you maintain distance from others and if you touch anything to wash your hands and clean your clothes.

This new cake recipe is perfect for spring! It's floral, energizing, and sweet! 
I used a gluten free flour blend which made the cake taste more rustic (also had some trouble keeping it together so be careful!) but you can use any flour!

You can skip the elderflower if you don't have any or use something else but I love elderflower! I get the drink concentrate from Ikea. I think the elderflower and green tea balance each other nicely too. You get the sweet floral elderflower and the sweet, creamy, and slightly bitter matcha. It makes for a killer combination!
I also love the taste of green tea and matcha so I put tons in! You can put more or less in depending on your taste but I'm guessing that if you're reading this recipe then you love green tea too so you will appreciate this recipe!



Matcha Elderflower Loaf Cake

Ingredients
3 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 9 tbsp water, allow to sit
1 cup almond milk
2 green tea bags
2 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I used a quinoa flour blend, you could also use all-purpose if you're not gluten free)
1/2 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tbsp matcha powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup elderflower drink concentrate (or more maple syrup)
2 tbsp vinegar
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional) plus more for topping

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and/or line a 9x3 loaf pan
2. Gently warm almond milk and then steep your two green tea bag in it for about 10 minutes
3. Mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, matcha powder, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a large bowl
4. Add in flax seed mixture then maple syrup, elderflower concentrate, vinegar, and coconut oil one at a time. Gently mix together
5. Fold in coconut
6. Pour mixture into loaf pan
7. Bake 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
8. Allow to cool then slice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM