November 27, 2020

# Cookies # Vegan

Double Dark Chocolate Cookies





This is another recipe adapted from Babycakes! I am loving re-discovering this cookbook

I can't say enough about these cookies because they are absolutely phenomenal!

Honestly the first couple times I ate them I was like "omg these are so good! did a I actually make these? what did I put in them, crack?!"

They are sooo tasty and I have already made them a couple times! I think they're perfect for a treat to go with your lunch or an evening snack. The flax meal adds such a nice texture, nuttiness, depth to the cookies that I love so don't skimped on that!

I love the addition of cinnamon as I think it adds and extra kick and brings out the flavor of the chocolate more. However, you don't need to add it if that isn't your thing.

I love these cookies! And love that they're better than anything you can buy at the store but way healthier too!


Double Dark Chocolate Cookies

Makes about 24 


Ingredients

1 cup coconut oil, softened

1/3 cup apple sauce

1 1/4 cups sugar

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp almond extract

1/4 cup flax meal

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup chocolate chips

almond milk if needed


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper

2. Blend together coconut oil, apple sauce, and sugar with a hand mixer or your preference of tool until well combined and creamy. 

3. Stir in cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, almond extract, flax seed meal, and baking soda until combined. If mixture is too thick then you can add a little bit of almond milk here to help you combine

4. Stir in chocolate chips and then scoop tablespoon sized portions of cookie dough onto your baking sheet.

5. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until cookies are lightly brown on the edges and cookies are set in the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM