April 22, 2018

# Bars # No-Bake

Vegan Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars

Pretzels are such a great food. Like seriously I should have them more often because I could eat them all day long. In fact, I think I did just that from the ages of 2 to 4 years old.
I mean, who doesn't love a sweet and creamy snack! But what if I told you these are healthy too?!
These bars are refined sugar free and vegan! 
These Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are the perfect no-bake snack with summer just around the corner. The crust is soft almost like a shortbread because of the coconut flour but with a great crunch thanks to the pretzels.
The filling is wonderfully sweet, salty, and creamy. Anything with peanut butter is a yes to me so if you feel the same way, you’ll love these!
I used unsalted pretzels in these because I wanted to control the amount of salt i put in. If you only have salted feel free to use those instead. I think it would taste even better with the big and crunchy pieces of salt! 
I think the tahini mixed into the filling adds an extra taste dimension to these. It makes them a little more savory and even creamier. I recommend using it if you have it one hand! However, if you don’t feel free to use more peanut butter instead. 

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
makes 9 to 12

Ingredients
Crust
1 cup pretzels
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp almond milk
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Peanut Butter Filling
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup tahini
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp maple syrup
4 dates

Pretzels to top

Directions
1. Prepare an 8" dish by lightly oiling the bottom
2. Place all crust ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until combined. If some big pieces of pretzel are still there that is ok! You'll just have some crunchy bits. The dough should be sticking together.
3. Evenly and firmly press crust dough onto the bottom of your pan. Place in freezer as you prepare the filling.
4. Place all filling ingredients in a food processors and blend until smooth
5. Pour filling over crust 
6. If desired you can press some pretzels on top of the filling. You can use whole pretzels like I did or crush some up and put those on top.
7. Place bars into freezer until solid
8. Serve either straight out of the freezer or allow bars to get all melty at room temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM