March 25, 2018

# Cake # Cheesecake

Gelato Cheesecake


Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite places in Calgary! And that place is Fiasco Gelato
If you live in Canada, you may have heard of them since they sell their gelato in many grocery stores.
I love Fiasco Gelato. They have the best employees working there and such a cute shop. 
I go to Fiasco Gelato almost every week and their gelato is some of the best I've ever had! They have new flavors that they've created right there in the shop every time we go.

A few weeks ago I picked up their Blueberry Basil Sorbetto and I was blown away! 
Whoever says that sorbetto is boring has never tried Fiasco Gelato's! It was sweet, refreshing, and beautifully accompanied by the basil.

In their store, they offer some recipe cards featuring their gelato, these inspired me. I knew I had to develop some recipes with their products so I came up with this super simple cheesecake. All you have to do is blend together gelato with cream cheese, let it freeze and viola you have a lovely dessert that you can customize however you like!
I made a coconut crust for this so that it is gluten free as well. The coconut crust is incredible and went so well with the sorbetto I used. You can toast the crust like I did or leave it no-bake and just press it onto the bottom. You can also use a traditional graham crust or other crust if you do not like coconut.
If you do not eat dairy, do make sure to use a dairy free frozen dessert (like sorbetto!) and vegan cream cheese! I used honey to sweeten this and depending on the ice cream you use, you may have to add more or even none at all to get your desired sweetness.

Please let me know if you make this cheesecake!With the beginning of spring and summer just around the corner, it will be the perfect no-bake, refreshing, and cool treat.
Gelato Cheesecake
Make one cake, serves about 8

Ingredients

For Crust

  • 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 3-5 tbsp coconut oil, softened

For Cheesecake
  • 1 cup (about 1/2 pint) sorbetto, gelato, or ice cream. This should be a little soft so that it's not too frozen to blend
  • 2 packages cream cheese or vegan cream cheese, softened at room temperature
  • 1/3-1/2 cup honey (or more or less)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F if you are toasting your crust. Prepare an 8" spring form pan by placing some parchment paper on the bottom.
2. In a food processor, process crust ingredients into it is starting to stick together and the shredded coconut is small. Don't blend too much! We're looking for the coconut to be smaller but still visible like a dough, blending too much will create coconut butter.
3. Press dough firmly into bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes until coconut is fragrant and lightly brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
4. Place all ingredients for cheesecake in a large bowl and blend with a hand or stand mixer until combined, smooth, and creamy.
5. Pour cheesecake filling on top of your crust and place in freezer for at least 3 hours. You can get away with less but it might be hard to cut since the cake will be soft
6. I recommend taking the cake out of the freezer a couple minutes before serving so that it is a little creamier than frozen! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM