March 11, 2018

# Cheesecake # Gluten Free

Raw Raspberry Tarts



This recipe changed my life! And I don't say that often. I love trying new recipes but I tend to stick to baked goods because I love mixing batters and seeing the changes in the oven!


However, after making these I am on a mission to make more similar recipes! If you have any good please let me know!

All you NEED  for this recipe is:

Almonds


Dates


Hazelnuts


Maple Syrup and Lemon Juice


Coconut Oil


Vanilla 


Raspberries



I adapted this from Jess at Choosing Chia who is one of my favorite food bloggers! You can see her recipe here. You should check out her site for some more awesome recipes and lifestyle posts.



These raspberry tarts are vegan, gluten free, free of refined sugars, paleo, and the list goes on! They also happen to taste absolutely amazing, sweet, and creamy! Make them for a healthy treat or dessert!

Raw Raspberry Tarts
Adapted from here

Ingredients

Base
1/2 cup almonds
4 Medjool dates
pinch of Himalayan pink salt

Raspberry Topping
1 cup blanched hazelnuts*
1/4 cup almond milk
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup raspberries

Directions

1. Blanche hazelnuts if desired (see note below)
2. In a food processor, blend the almonds, dates, and salt until it sticks together.
3. Press dough into the bottom of a silicon muffin pan (I also made a couple mini tarts in a regular muffin pan and this worked well too!). Let this set in the fridge.
4. Blend hazelnuts, almond milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Add raspberries and blend until smooth
5. Take base out of fridge and smooth the raspberry topping on top.
6. Place in freezer and freeze for 2-4 hours until set. 
7. Carefully take tarts out of your pan, allow them to de-freeze a little, and serve! Leftovers can be stored in the fridge

*I wanted to use blanched hazelnuts so that they would mix nicely with the raspberries for the topping. Blanching hazelnuts requires boiling them in water for about 5 minutes then straining them and peeling off the skins in a paper towel. If you want these 100% raw then you can forgo blanching the hazelnuts in boiling water. Letting them sit in warm water overnight then taking off the skins could also work.


8 comments:

  1. I LOVE making desserts like this. So good for you and so delicious ^^. These look delightful - can't wait to make them ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're so simple to make yet so impressive too! Thank you! Let me know how you like them!

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Word.
    I saw this post last week on Pinterest, I believe, and had NO IDEA it was vegan friendly! I am definitely going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a unique recipe! Almost looks to beautiful to eat! I can't wait to make it, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. I imagine it could easily be adapted to make lemon flavored tarts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could probably work! You would probably have to use lemon juice in replace of the raspberries so tha texture may be a little different

      Delete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM