March 18, 2018

# Cookies # Vegan

Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


These are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had! I have made them several times now and every time I share them they are a hit!
Hope everyone is having a lovely spring! I am even though it seems winter wants to stay. 
I haven't had as much time to post or engage on social media because of my final teaching practicum. It has been busy but wonderful. 
I have even had the opportunity to teach a grade ten dance option class which has been so much fun! Crossing my fingers that I can get hired to this in September!
I adapted this from The Vegetarian Baker. They are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever had! (did I already say that?). The Vegetarian Baker has some great vegan recipes. I originally found him on Youtube where he does excellent videos. 

Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 24

Ingredients
1 tbsp ground flax seed mixed with 3 tbsp of water, sit for 15 minutes
1 1/2 cup oats
3/4 cup spelt flour
1 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 sugar
1/4 cup grape seed oil
1 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine oats, spelt flour, corn starch, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
2. In another smaller bowl, combine flax seed egg, coconut sugar, grape seed oil, and extract. Whisk until smooth.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry. Fold until combined and then blend until a dough is formed
4. Fold in shredded coconut and chocolate chips
5. Cover bowl and chill in the fridge as your oven preheats to 350F
6. Shape cookies into balls and flatten. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown

2 comments:

  1. These sound delicious! I’ll have to try this recipe the next time I bake cookies

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM