January 8, 2012

# Snacks # Spheres of Joy

Carrot Cake Spheres


I know that many of you out there have made a resolution to be healthier in 2012. Popular resolutions always include eating better, exercising more, and losing weight. I think these are great resolutions which can help you live a healthier life. The trouble is many people lose sight of these goals as the year moves forward.



I'll tell you a secret to achieving these goals... don't deprive yourself and enjoy every moment of your journey. Let yourself indulge in something special a few times a week and tell yourself that your doing this to feel good!

Being healthy need not be boring and to prove this I am sharing a sweet treat for you. It is full of healthy ingredients that will do good for your body but also tastes yummy!


Carrot Cake Spheres

1/4 cup cashews
1/2 cup chopped prunes (or other dried fruit)
1/4 of a large carrot
2 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1. Peel and grate carrot
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until everything comes together and is mashed up
3. Take a small amount of the mixture and form into a ball with your hands
4. Repeat with rest of the mixture
5. Happily enjoy and store the rest in the fridge

How do you stay healthy?

16 comments:

  1. Those look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These remind me of the frozen prune balls...which are delicious so I'll definitely try this recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have everything in hand except the prunes. But I've got dried cranberries...Will be giving these a shot... soonest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. Do you think I could use walnuts in place of the cashews?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat, I think walnuts would make an excellent substitution

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound so good! And they're not terrible for you either. I especially like the addition of cashews. They're my favorite nut.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good who cares if it's healthy too :) I think I would like to try this with the kids, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what is this "rest" you speak of? I thought this served one :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I analyzed this recipe for calories and the total for the entire recipe is 503 calories. How many balls does this recipe yield? It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Guam Chef, it depends on what size you want to make them. I got about a dozen out of this recipe. Glad you like the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the reply. I will try this recipe today, i am a big advocate of small bites to satisfy a sweet tooth. At approximately 40 calories per sphere this fills the bill for healthy and diet friendly. I know it will be hard to stop at one but if you just think that you will be able to treat yourself four times during the day for only 160 calories, it gives you something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these sounds like a great way to get a sweet fix that isn't too bad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love recipes like this! It reminds me of what I did with my leftover "Buddy Bars" (which are like homemade LaraBars) http://cupcakesaremylife.blogspot.com/2011/10/homemade-larabars-pistachio-cookie.html
    I'm having a yogurt giveaway on my blog this week and you should check it out! It'll definitely help with healthy baking and keeping resolutions: http://cupcakesaremylife.blogspot.com/2012/01/wholesoy-yogurt-giveaway.html
    Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is a great post I love what you said "Being healthy need not be boring" I do eat healthy but sometimes I eat too much even it is healthy I know it is not good but I do it only once in a while =)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM