The Oatmeal Obsession
Yes I like many, love oatmeal.
There's just something about a warm creamy bowl of oats that I can't get enough of.
If you haven't caught on to this cult like oatmeal following yet here are some reasons why you should:
- The phytochemicals in oats may have cancer-fighting properties
- Oats are a good source of nutrients including vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, iron, maganese, and magnesium. They are also a good source of protein
- Oatmeal can lower blood cholesterol because of a special fiber (betaglucan) found in it which takes out bad cholesterol as it travels through your body
- It can aid in weight loss as it makes your tummy feel full. Also oatmeal is only 150 calories per half a cup!
- Oats are low in fat and full of carbohydrates so they're a good source of energy