March 4, 2011

Trying New Things

Happy Vegan Friday!
I mentioned in a previous post about how eating vegan can be surprisingly simple. However, part of being vegan is that you get to experiment with all the fun stuff!
I love trying new things. Especially when it comes to food. Some of my favourites are tofu and almond milk. I also have an obsession with seeking out tempeh, nutritional yeast, and coconut butter because I really want to try those!




Recently I found some soy yogurt in my grocery store. I was so excited because it’s something I've wanted to try. I bought the raspberry flavoured Nancy's Soy Yogurt.


.

As soon as I could I opened up the yogurt container, dipped my spoon inside, and... I didn't like it. It smelled funny, was very runny, and tasted almost sour. No matter, I took a bite then another bite and... I started to like it! This brand tastes just like fresh raspberries plucked right off the bush. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again but I defiantely was happy I tried it!

I've seen this survey going around and I thought it was about time I joined in on the fun!

A-Z Survey

A. Age: 18

B. Bed size: Queen

C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower

D. Dogs: no dogs but I have a cat!

E. Essential start to your day: Tea. I love tea!

F. Favourite color: Purple

G. Gold or silver: Gold. I like it because it looks softer on me than silver

H. Height: almost 5"6

I. Instruments you play(ed): Does a recorder count?

J. Job title: student. I also work at a book store

K. Kids: no

L. Live: in a beautiful busy city

M. Mom’s name: Monika

N. Nicknames: Kat or Kitty

O. Overnight hospital stays: None

P. Pet peeves: walking behind slow people, people talking in class, noise

Q. Quote from a movie: "That's all right; it's like being with a friend"

R. Righty or lefty: Righty. But in figure skating I actually rotate clockwise and land on my left foot which is the lefty way

S. Siblings: a little brother (whom is 6 feet tall)

T. Time you wake up: 6 am most weekdays. Around 8:30 weekends

U. Underwear: I wear it all the time?

V. Vegetables you don’t like: spring onions and red onions. I like them but they sometimes hurt my tummy :(

W. What makes you run late:  usually other people

X. X-rays you’ve had: Teeth, lungs

Y. Yummy food you make: ummm cupcakes duhrr.

Z. Zoo animal favourites: snow leopard <3

What is your favourite food product or what do you really want to try?

5 comments:

  1. I really like soy yogurt! I don't buy it often because it's a bit more expensive than regular, but when I was vegan I bought it occasionally and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this post! I want to do that list....

    I hate Soy Yogurt. Blech. I'll stick to my Greek ;)

    But you must try Tempeh and Coconut Butter!! So good! I just wish it weren't so expensive to enjoy more :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that you do a Vegan Friday, what a great idea! You should definitely add smoked tofu to your list of vegan things to try, it's so much better than regular tofu.
    Do you still do figure skating? I used to before we moved, and now I miss it so much :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helena
    Smoked tofu sounds good. I'll have to keep my eye out for it
    Yes I do still figure skate but I am not as competitive as I once was or would like to be

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempeh.. yuck! I also love peanut butter. I like putting it into my oatmeal in the mornings.

    I'm really interested in trying nutritional yeast as a cheese substitute. I will never, ever give up cheese, but I'd like to see how close it is.. or if it's any good at all.

    Have you tried seitan? I like how chewy it is.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM