April 1, 2011

# Gluten Free # Pudding

This is not a Pudding

Happy April Fool's Day!

I hope you had an exciting day. I love hearing the funny stories on April Fool's Day. My favourite this year was IKEA's Highchair for dogs. Did you like or take part in any pranks?



Surprise all of your friends with this vegan pudding. I swear it tastes just like the real thing! It requires about 10 seconds to make and uses no stove top. I think I like it more than regularly dairy pudding.




Topped with frozen cherries and cinnamon

This pudding gets its creamy texture from soft tofu. The secret to thickening it is guar gum. This stuff works like magic!



Chocolate Vegan Pudding
Makes 2 servings (depending how much you are giving)

1/2 cup soft tofu
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp agave (or to taste)
1/4 tsp guar gum

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
Pour into cups and allow to sit for a few minutes. This will activate the guar gum and make it thick
Serve immediately or chill



Lots of people found my Vegan Baking Guide on my last post very helpful so I made a page especially for it! I'm no baking expert but I'm happy to help other avid bakers.

If you know of any other substitutions or would like to know how something can be substituted, please leave a comment and I will add it to the page.

15 comments:

  1. I pretty much had this for breakfast today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm!!
    you're a trickster! haha
    i went to the jewelry store and took a picture of a ring on my finger and sent it to my mom and told her i was engaged.... she about had a heart attack! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this pudding sounds so good! I've wanted to experiment more with tofu in desserts. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pudding looks sooooo delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks like an amazing pudding :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely vegan pudding and the decoration is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never tried a vegan pudding before. Might have to now...this looks delish!

    Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. VEGAN PUDDING!!! i'm gonna make this for my friends bday,she is a vegan and loves pudding!! ^>^ gracias!!!

    o0o0 i also wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a RAD giveaway! I'm giving away a HYPSTER BIKINI...they are one of a kind, and you def. wont find anyone rocking one of'em because they are brand new!! check out my blog 4 pictures & deets! it'll be love at first sight, i promise!hehehe<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried making pudding with tofu, but it seems like it would be pretty tasty AND super healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. tofu pudding!! this is crazy! I am suspicious though...does it really not taste like tofu :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Alexis, if you know what tofu tastes like you may be able to detect a slight tofu taste but mostly you'll taste the cocoa powder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking recipe. Is guar gum a necessary ingredient? Or could I make similar tasty pudding without it or with some other supplement?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ how to cook tofu, the mixture is very liquidy after you blend so the guar gum helps to stabilize it.
    You could substitute the guar gum with half the same amount of xanthan gum.
    Someone also told me that they make a similar recipe using chia seeds. If you do that, stir in the chia seeds and let it sit for a while.
    You could try the recipe without any guar gum. I think the tofu would thicken itself if you were to let it sit for a good while but I would imagine that it wouldn't have the same texture as real pudding

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep hearing about guar gum...I want to try it out one of these days (once I'm back in the States)! Also, I just baked with tofu for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM