April 19, 2011

# Gluten Free # Snacks

Spheres of Joy

It’s a combination you've probably seen countless times. Dates and nuts. Aren’t they just perfect together!

I call these Spheres of Joy because they are like little sweet balls of energy. My mom calls them candy, so you can call them that too. But remember they are better than candy because they have no unhealthy fats or sugar in them.



If its summer where you are, you should make these because they do not require the heat of the oven. Unfortunately for me it snowed about 20 cm here a day ago so I'll be enjoying these with a warm cup of hot cocoa after a session of hot yoga.



These are so easy to make. I can't believe I did not try them sooner. All of have to do is put the ingredients in a blender, mash them all together, and form them into shapes.

Spheres of  Joy

3/4 cup dates
1/2 cup cashews
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Dash salt

Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor or blender and blend until everything is chopped up and has come together
Add chocolate chips and stir them in
Shape mixture into balls




These are so wonderful; I can't wait to try some more variations!
Are there any combinations you would like to see?

7 comments:

  1. These look great - perfect snack for on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... these look incredible. I love little balls of healthy goodness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love date-based treats/cookies/power balls - whatever you prefer to call them - like this!! sooo yummy and satisfying, too :] the name couldn't be any more suiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so totally agree! I love baking with dates because I can lower the sugar content so much! It's the perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM