This is what I have been experiencing as I am currently in the process of moving out of my house and have been busy busy!
My first full day at the new house was yesterday and the first thing I did in the morning was bake cookies. I couldn't wait to christen my new place with yummy home baking! Especially since I have a brand new pretty stainless steel oven. Awe-some!
So as soon as I figured out how to use my new oven, I set to work. I do admit to being worried that I might have some baking difficulties but my cookies turned out wonderfully.
This recipe was inspired from here. I also have to mention that I did not use any vanilla because I couldn't find it anywhere (hello unpacking!) but you could add some.
These cookies are so good. They are soft, nutty, sweet, and good for you. I think that the dried prunes are an excellent addition because they are lovely and soft inside but you can use any dried fruit. Not only do these cookies contain no sugar they are also vegan, and low in fat. They are totally cookies of awesome for an awesome new beginning.
Cookies of Awesome
Makes around 24
1 cup quick oats
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped dried prunes (or other dried fruit)
3 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup agave syrup
3 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a bowl combine oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, dried prunes, sunflower seeds, and baking powder
3. In another bowl beat together flax seeds, agave, and almond butter. Stir in oil
4. Add the almond butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened
5. Pour in water and stir until everything comes together (you may have to use slightly less or more water)
6. Spoon onto cookies sheet and bake for about 10 min until lightly golden brown on top
When was the last time you moved and how did you feel about it?