Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnuts10:09 PM
October may be my favorite month. What's not to love?
The earth becomes draped with beautiful fall colours making walking around my university campus so much more enjoyable. At the end of the month there's Halloween where one can dress up and eat lots of chocolate. Then of course there's pumpkin. It seems that everywhere comes up with a special pumpkin treat.
Whether its pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin lattes. pumpkin pie, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin muffins, and even pumpkin doughnuts. I go on a excursion to try all things pumpkin and then I bake some pumpkin things at home. I have to say that these pumpkin doughnuts are better than any I can buy.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Doughnuts
Adapted from here
Makes 6 doughnuts
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
6 tbsp almond milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and oil your doughnut pan
2. In a bowl mix together the oat flour, rice flour, sorghum flour, coconut flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt
3. In another bowl beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin
4. Stir wet ingredients into the dry, do not over mix
5. With a spoon or a piping bag transfer batter to doughnut pan
6. Bake 20-25 minutes
7. When done doughnuts should be golden brown and firm on top. A toothpick inserted inside should come out moist but not gooey or dry
8. Rest in pan for a few minutes then pop doughnuts out
9. Let cool completely before dipping in the icing. If iced the doughnuts should be eaten immediately. If kept separate they will stay good for several days.