April 24, 2013

# Cookies # Gluten Free

Coconut Peanut Butter Cookies



I'm baccck! How time flies by! I can't believe that its been so long since my last post.
So sorry to leave you guys. I missed blogging but life as a busy university student called.





I do have some exciting things to fill you in on! Last summer I went on a month long study abroad in Seoul, South Korea. It was an awesome experience! I loved Korea and really enjoyed my time there. My favorite music is kpop (bit of an obsession really) so I really enjoyed hearing all the kpop being blasted out from everywhere. Any other kpop fans out there?

Namsan Tower

Me doing archery at Suwon Fortress


As you know I loooove peanut butter! It is seriously my most favorite thing in the world. You can pretty much eat it with anything and it tastes good! I also really like coconut and I think one of the best peanut butter combinations you can make is with coconut! The slightly salty and rich taste of peanut butter pairs perfectly with creamy and sweet coconut!


Peanut butter, coconut oil, and coconut sugar

Today I give you a delicious and healthy cookie recipe with just that: peanut butter and coconut. They have a wonderful coconut aroma and are packed with everything coconut! These have to be one of my personal favorite cookies that I've created and if you don't give them a shot, you are missing out!



Peanut Butter and Coconut Cookies
adapted from here
Makes 24

3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup coconut sugar (may use brown sugar)
1 tbsp chia seed mixed with 3 tbsp water (stir and allow this to sit at least 5 minutes)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour*
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Beat together peanut butter and coconut oil until smooth and combined
2. Add coconut sugar, chia seeds, and vanilla extract. Beat until everything is combined and there are no visible clumps of sugar.
3. Carefully stir in flour,cinnamon, and baking soda
4. Stir in shredded coconut
5. Shape dough into balls and flatten slightly on baking tray
6. Bake 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly golden brown but the center is still soft to touch
7. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray before transferring

*Can use whole wheat, white, or any flour of your choosing. I used a gluten free mix in these cookies

What's you favorite peanut butter combo?
What's the strangest thing you have ever eaten with peanut butter?
I've had peanut butter and pickle sandwiches (surprisingly tasty) and I've also mixed peanut butter with rice

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back!
    These cookies sound great. I love coconut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are chia seeds necessary for the recipe? Peanut butter and coconut sound like quite a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chia seeds act as the binder for this recipe. You can alternatively use the same amount of ground flax seed with water, an egg, or another type of egg substitute :D

      Delete
  3. these look incredibly delicious! miss your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you found it helpful! thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM