February 19, 2017

# Cookies

Soft Chocolate Walnut Cookies




I know its almost March but I hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far!






A couple years ago I did a gratitude jar. Everyday that year a wrote something on a small piece of paper that made me happy that day. At the end of the year I spent New Year's Eve reading what I had written. It was a nice way to reflect upon the year and it was fun to see the jar fill up. I have decided to do a similar thing this year bit instead of a jar I am writing everything down in a journal. This way I can keep track of the dates! I feel like this is something I need and also important to do. I have read many things saying that consciously being grateful for the things in your life can make you happier overall as you begin to realize that there is a lot to be thankful. I can see this happening in my life already as I am starting to see more things each day that do make me happier.






I might just write these cookies down as one of the things I am thankful for!

These cookies are the perfect combination of textures with the crunchy walnuts and soft cookie dough. Perfect for any occasion and so yummy!



Soft Chocolate Walnut Cookies
Makes about 30

Ingredients
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup coconut sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup chopped up walnuts
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
  2. Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat them in the microwave for for 15 second increments, mixing in between each, until coconut oil and chocolate are completely melted and can be whisked smooth. Set aside. 
  3. In a separate  bowl whisk together the sugars, eggs, almond milk, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine (do not over mix!)
  4. Fold the melted chocolate mixture, walnuts, and chocolate chips into the batter, stirring until everything is just combined.
  5. Scoop about two tablespoons of the batter at a time onto the prepared baking sheets. Place a pan in the oven,and reduce heat to 300 degrees. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers are not jiggly. Allow cookies to completely cool on the baking sheet before serving.



Have you ever kept a gratitude journal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM