May 27, 2011

# Cookies # Gluten Free

Chocolate Coconut Fudgies


"We're all made up of the same energy as everything else in the world"
- Jillian Michaels

Hi guys, I'm currently ready Unlimited by Jillian Michaels and last night I read something beautiful in her book that I'd like to share with you.

Jillian uses Quantum Physics to say that we (like everything else in the world) are made up of atoms. Atoms are made of pulsating energetic vibrations so this means that we each emit our own unique energy or vibrational frequency. This energy has certain wavelengths that change according to our will and consciousness. You may be wondering why this is important. In fact it is very important because it means that you and the entire universe are connected. When you are happy you emit energies that rise the vibration of the universe!  Albeit maybe just by a little bit.



I think that this has some truth in it. Just think about how great everything feels when you're happy. Think about that certain person that seems to light up the room where ever they go.

I thought that this was a wonderful way to look at the world from a spiritual yet scientific perspective and hope that we all can find some truth in it.

Or maybe I've just been studying for my Chem class too hard. I wish Jillian taught me Chemistry :)

Now for cookies!

Served with Snickerdoodle Milk. Yum!

I first saw this recipe on Oh She Glows and she got it from Manifest Vegan. I decided to try it because it just sounded so yummy. I mean how can it not be?

Almond butter? Good. Coconut? Good. Chocolate? Gluten free? Vegan? Good. Good. Good!
And my oh my. They are good!


There's some debate over whether or not to flatten these before baking. I prefer not flattening them because they become dense and fudgy. They also do not rise much while baking.

Chocolate Coconut Fudgies
Adapted from here

1 tbsp flax seed
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup shredded dried coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup almond butter
4 tbsp Vanilla Cashew Oat Milk or other non-dairy milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a small bowl, combine flax seed ans water. Set aside
Cream together the almond butter, milk, and brown sugar. Then add the flax seed mixture, coconut, cocoa powder,  baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
Beat until a smooth dough forms.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet
Bake 10-15 minutes and allow to cool slightly on cookie sheet before transfering to cooling rack

11 comments:

  1. Those fudgies do look amazing! New to your blog and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really into vibration and the Jillian Michaels info makes perfect sense. Thanks for the inspiration
    Love the cookie too. Yum ! Coconut

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely see the vibrations of the universe rising if these gorgeous cookies were shared around. I feel happier just reading about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fudgies looks yummy, and I'm sure they go great with that snickerdoodle milk! :)

    Thank you for sharing part of the Jillian Michaels' book with us. It's so beautiful to think that we're all connected with everything in the universe. And when we're happy and positive, I definitely believe it does raise the vibrations of the universe. Isn't it amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum those look delicious! I love anything with chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate + Coconut = Heaven! Almond butter too.. yum!
    Jillian's excerpt is interesting. I've never really considered that, but its a cool idea and I definitely agree. Who knew Jillian was so deep?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those look so good!!

    I like Jillian Michael's workout dvds! I think there a pretty solid workout! Who knew she had such a deep perspective! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so true that joyfulness is contagious, and so it makes perfect sense that a genuine smile can change someone's life! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum! Those fudgies sound fantastic... and love the inspirational intro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! These sound DEE-LISH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I want to try this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM