November 11, 2011

# Brownies # Cupcakes

Blogiversary

A verry merry blogiversary to me!



I can't believe that I have already had this blog for a year!
My real blogiversary was on November 7 but I decided that today being 11/11/11 was an extra special occasion to celebrate. I hope all of you are enjoying it too!


Have a cupcake with me to celebrate
Sprinkles!

I had been reading blogs for two or three years before I actually started my own. The reason I did not start sooner was because I was unsure about being able to keep it up. It seems silly now that I have kept this blog up for a year and I look forward to many more.

I've accomplished a lot with my blog in just a year. I've been featured on Tastespotting, Finding Vegan, Gluten Free Feed, Dessert Stalking, and most recently on Foodbuzz!

Before
To celebrate I made some mini brownie cupcakes. These were adapted from my new favourite cookbook, Babycakes.

The brownies are perfectly chewy, chocolatey, and rich but the real star of the show is the vegan frosting.

I kind you not this is the best frosting I have ever had. After trying it the first time my exact thoughts were: ohmygoshIamnevergoingtouseanotherfrostingagain!yumyumyum

After

What makes these so special is the soy milk powder. I was able to find this at my local bulk store but I bet you could also get it at a natural foods store. I strongly urge you all to try this frosting!


Mini Brownie Cupcakes
Makes 18

1/4 cup chickpea flour
2 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp corn starch
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
Pinch guar gum
Pinch salt
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp canola oil
1/6 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (or apple sauce)
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup hot strong coffee

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with oil
2. In a medium sized bowl, blend together flours, corn starch, arrowroot powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, guar gum, and salt.
3. Add the oils, agave nectar, pumpkin puree, vanilla, and hot coffee then stir until the batter is smooth
4. Scoop the dough into the muffin tin
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the brownies have firm edges but are still soft in the middle. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean
6. Let the brownies stand in the tin for 20 minutes or until cool.
7. Press your thumb gently into the center of each to make an impression
8. Fill with chocolate frosting

Chocolate Frosting
Makes enough for the brownies and some for your mouth

3/4 cup coconut beverage ( I used So Delicious coconut milk)
1/4 cup soy milk powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp lemon juice

1. In a blender or food processor, combine milk, soy powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour, agave nectar, and vanilla. Mix coconut oil and canola oil together in small bowl
2. Blend for 2 minutes
3. With the machine running* add the oils and lemon juice, alternating between each until fully incorporated
4. Taste test your frosting and add more cocoa powder or agave if needed. If you want a smoother frosting or more of a sauce, add more oil

* I stopped my blender for each addition and it worked fine

To many more blogiversaries!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Blog-versary!

    these cupcakes look like the perfect way to celebrate. My sister is gluten-free - I'm marking these to make for her when she comes home for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogaversary! These cupcakes are a great way to celebrate! I love your plate :) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm... chocolate!!

    Happy Blogaversary!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogversary :) These cupcakes look like a freakin' awesome way to celebrate! That vegan frosting sounds intriguing. Sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogoversary - the cupcakes look delicious! I

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogiversary!! That's so exciting! I've always wanted to be featured on all those food photography websites... I'm not so good with the camara though. I really want to try making the frosting recipe you posted! It sounds delicious and the ingredients are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary! 11/11/11 is a special day1 The cupcakes look so moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiverary! Those cupcakes look wonderful. They wouldn't last long in this house, that's for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM