November 20, 2011

# Snacks

Amazing Pumpkin Hummus



Sometimes I think to myself about all the amazing people in the world. 

It seriously can boggle my mind when I think about the philanthropist who persevere towards a cause, the talented artists who inspire us , the athletes who are able to do impossible things with there bodies, the intellect who makes new discoveries, or even just the average person. The average person who's heart is full of love, who makes great oral presentations, who is always there for you, who has a great sense of humor, and there are so many more. There are so many amazing people and I'm sure you're pretty amazing yourself!


This hummus is sweet and healthy. It is full with delicious beta-carotene filled pumpkin and protein rich chickpeas. It makes a perfect snack with apple slices or rice cakes.



Amazing Pumpkin Hummus

1 15 oz can chickpeas
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp ground flax seed
Raisins (optional)

1. Place all ingredients except raisins in a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
2. Taste and add more maple syrup or cinnamon as needed. Top with raisins if desired

Check out my Everything Cookie Dough Hummus

Do you know someone amazing?

9 comments:

  1. Would you recommend only using chickpeas or do you think that mixed beans would be equivalent?
    I want to make this for Thanksgiving!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I love pumpkin and I LOVE Hummus... so why have I not tried this yet??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mothersson2002 I would recommend using chickpeas or some other white bean for this. Mixed beans might work if you wanted to make a savory dip instead of sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOunds yummy -I love both hummus and pumpkin also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this twist on hummus! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hummus and this sounds really good. I really like the idea of a sweet hummus for dipping. I really can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pumpkin Hummus! What a great idea. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM