July 8, 2011

# Gluten Free # Snacks

Everything Cookie Dough Hummus

I love desserts that taste decadent but are actually healthy. I especially love foods that are fun!



This recipe is the normally savory hummus made sweet. Please do not think that chickpeas won't go well with sweet things because they do! I have been wanting to make a cookie dough hummus for a long time and I wish that I had done this sooner. It tastes so good!





Best of all this dessert hummus has everything in it! I don't know about you but I'm crazy about adding multiple ingredients into dishes. I think it makes it tastier. Plus what could be easier than just throwing in a little something extra to a recipe?


In the food processor with everything!

You can have it with pieces of fruit, use it as a spread, or just eat it with a spoon. Make it now!

Everything Cookie Dough Hummus

1/4 cup hot water
2 tbsp dried cranberries
Pinch cinnamon
1/4 cup apple sauce
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp agave syrup
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp ground flax seed
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
2 tbsp oats
2 tbsp shredded coconut

1. Place dried cranberries and cinnamon in a bowl and pour hot water over top. Let this sit for about ten minutes. While waiting you can continue with the next steps.

2. In a food processor, add applesauce, peanut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, agave, coconut oil, flax seed, and chickpeas. Process until the chickpeas are pureed and the mixture is smooth and creamy.

3. Now add in the oats and blend until they are just mixed in and have partly turned into oat flour.

4. Drain cranberries and add into your processor along with the chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Pulse mixture until everything is combined 




In other news. The wonderful Will and Kate departed from Canada today. I have to tell you guys that I got the amazing opportunity to see them while here! I think they are such an amazing couple and I hope they do great things together. I'm so happy that I got to see Kate!! Even if it was from afar...

What are your thoughts on the royals?
Do you like them or would you rather just talk about cookie dough hummus?

15 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued all the ingredients sound tasty so how could it not be. You gotta try everything at least once it's part of the fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was delicious! I am a chic pea convert, who hated them for years before finally making hummus, now I love them. Can't wait to try this recipe at school for my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks delicious! i recently started eating chickpeas and discovered that i love them so this is definitely on my "things to make" list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool that you got to see Kate and William! They were about an hour away from me in LA- if I didn't have work, it would have been cool to see them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay.....GENIUS RECIPE!!! haha so glad I found your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love eating apples with my hummus too! Great recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful! Love the idea of a dessert hummus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using beans in sweet applications! I've made dessert hummus before using a recipe that called for peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and chocolate chips. It tasted just like cookie dough! I love how this one is kind of like an "everything" oatmeal cookie...such tasty additions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks so good I've never had a sweet kind of hummus! It sounds delicious though.

    That's so cool that you got to see William & Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sweet chickpeas. sometimes I just make a peanut butter sauce and pour it over plain chickpeas and add some raisins and chocolate chips. It's pure bliss! I still haven't made the cookie dough hummus yet though. I need to make it because i know I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! I have to try this! I never heard of hummus that was sweet like this before, but I'd love to try it! It would be a great way to get my sweet fix and have it be healthy for me! Thanks so much for the great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two of my favorite foods mixed into one sweet dip; sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous idea!!! I have got to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn!

COPYRIGHT 2020 KATCUPCAKE.COM