Vegan Eggnog10:57 AM
Last year when I posted my recipe for Cranberry Filled Eggnog Cupcakes, many of you admitted to not liking eggnog. I have to admit that I was slightly taken aback by this. I don't understand how some do not like eggnog. Although, I do have to confess, I also cannot drink eggnog on its own. There's just something about it being so thick and sweet. I still love the taste and creaminess eggnog brings to things!
So I came up with a list of things to make with eggnog and hopefully you will learn to enjoy eggnog too!
(Yes this has been a year in the making)
- Make an eggnog latte with eggnog, milk, and espresso
- Use eggnog instead of cream in coffee or tea
- Use it in baking
- Eggnog oatmeal!
- Three words: Eggnog and Rum
- Make eggnog hot chocolate (can be really sweet but good!)
- Eggnog ice cream is delicious. You might find it in your grocery store
I've been enjoying some eggnog this year but not as much as in the past. However, it just can't be Christmas without some eggnog so I decided to experiment by making my own vegan nog.
I am happily surprised by the results I got, not only does the taste come very close to real eggnog but the color and texture also match that of eggnog!
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup coconut milk beverage ( I used So Delicious)
1 tsp agave
Drop of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp guar gum
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Blend all ingredients on high speed for about 30 seconds, until frothy.
2. Taste and add more agave or spices if needed
3. Pour into glasses and serve
Do you like eggnog?